WHAT IS ZINC?
It is a type of metal and an essential trace element that our body must obtain from the diet, since our bodies can’t make its own. Zinc is the second most abundant trace mineral in the human body after the iron. So pretty important right ?
BENEFITS OF ZINC.
It has a very wide range of benefits because most of our tissues are containing zinc.
– Immune support for cold, flu and viruses. Especially popular for the prevention for a certain virus at the moment. Zinc helps to develop our immune cells to fight.
– Helps to improve digestive function by supporting gastric juice production. In addition, zinc affects protein synthesis and is required by the body to use amino acids from foods. It’s also involved in the breakdown of carbohydrates from food.
– Zinc has been shown to be an effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent, helping fight oxidative stress and decrease the chance for disease development.
– Important in hormone regulation. Zinc plays an important role in hormone production, including regulating testosterone, estrogen and progesterone naturally. Zinc is very helpful in preconception phase for both men and women.
– Zinc benefits blood sugar levels because it binds to insulin so insulin is adequately stored in the pancreas and released when glucose enters the bloodstream.
– Supports vision and eye health. A high intake of zinc may help reduce the risk for advanced stage age-related macular degeneration and vision loss.
– Zinc is used to help naturally decrease acne breakouts due to its anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, zinc is useful in collagen production to keep our skin healthy and perky 😉
NEXT TIME I will tell you what are the foods that contain good levels of zinc 🙂