First of all, I am back to my normal schedule again after the heavy floods made me to shift my priorities and disrupted my work flow. I had to empty my office and go full swing into mould prevention, it wasn’t nice I can tell you.
As many of us, I needed to focus on preventing mould in my household and here are few tips I can share.
Remember some moulds are not visible so in case of a doubt, I would do a mould prevetion/treatment.
* If the space smells and feels little damp – you might have mould
*Mould is SO MUCH easier to prevent than treat so do take extra effort to make sure you don’t get it
*Reduce the humidity in the room/house down to 45% if possible in the first 48 h after the exposure to the wet. Buy hygrometer (not hydrometer) to measure humidity (bunnings, pet stores etc)
*Remove rugs, pillows, curtains, books and anything you can from the room/space that may grow mould
*Turn on A/C , heater and fans to reduce humidity. Get the dehumidifyer to get the best results.
*Vacuum the area super slowly with a vacuum with HEPA filter (this is a specific filter for super allergic people so it collects the small mould particles)
*Spray the surfaces with oregano, eucalyptus and clove oil solution (I just used 20 drops of each for a liter of water)
*Let it dry a bit and now use a damp cloth dipped in the water (use same essential oil mix as above) and wipe the surfaces
*Each time you have wiped a surface go rinse the cloth under the running water so you don’t contaminate the essential oil solution too much
*Throw away the cloth
*Just in case I even put oil in the diffuser and leave it on for 24 hours
NB! These tips are for light exposure and prevention. You need to take totally different steps and get a specialist involved in case your circumstances were more extreme. Please ask me if you need any contacts, I have quite a few !!!